Search engine optimization or SEO has indeed become an important factor of writing great web articles. If you want your blog or your website to rank better on search page results, it's important that you write your articles not just for your readers but for search engines as well.
Below are the top 5 SEO article writing tips that you can use as guides the next time you tap on your keyboard:
1. First step is to commit yourself to writing high quality, very informative articles. All too often, article marketers are spending too much time writing for the search engines that they sometimes forget that their readers are using the internet looking for valuable information. Providing these people with something that they can make use of and giving them articles that are very easy to understand will help you increase your site's presence and will help you in increasing your business' expertise and professionalism. If you distribute hundreds of expert articles, this will help in convincing you prospects that you're indeed an authority in your chosen field. This is what you need to earn their trust and confidence.
2. Know your competition. If you want to get ahead of your competitors, you need to know what they're doing on their SEO article marketing campaign. Know and understand their strategies and figure out how you can outplay them. You would want your articles to appear on top of theirs as online users usually pick the first articles that they see on search page results. It will help if you continuously improve your knowledge about SEO article writing. The more you know about it, the better your chances of getting ahead of the pack.
3. It's more than rankings. Keep in mind that securing top rankings for your articles is not your number one goal. Getting your articles on top 10 search page results is not enough. Remember, in order to succeed in article marketing, you need to make sure that your target audience will read your articles and later on, click the links on your resource box. It's very important that these people will find your articles useful and worth their precious time. Take the time that you need when writing your articles and ensure that they're very informative and engaging. Offer insider tips and other solid information. Then, ensure that your articles are well-written and easy to understand. Your goal here is to please your readers and encourage them to visit your website to get more information so you can start converting them to paying customers.
4. Use keywords. When choosing the keywords to use, ensure that you pick those ones that pertain to the theme of your website. After all, if your potential clients are searching for "internet marketers" and type in related keywords to search engines, you would want your website to rank high in the listings so your prospects will easily find you. Use these terms on your articles and place them on your titles and at least once for every 100 words. Don't forget to use related terms or their synonyms.
5. Improve your click through rate. Multiply the number of people visiting your site by making your resource box very powerful and ultra enticing. Talk about yourself and your website briefly. Insert links using anchor texts and offer your readers with free gift that they can advantage of if they visit your website and sign up to your newsletters.